VTI offers a number of on site Inspection Services, which include:
Telecommunication Cabling installed within Australia including Computer, Fire and Security Cabling is covered by the Telecommunication ACT 1997 which mandates standards under legislation requirements for on site communications cabling.
VTI Services site inspections are used by End Users and Consultants to ascertain the compliance to the Mandatory Standards.
VTI Services staff is contracted by The Australian Communication Authority to independently Audit Cablers.
Installation Inspections are a service where a communications cabling installation is inspected against standards to ascertain compliance along with identifying installation practices that may adversely affect the performance or operation of the system.
VTI Services Installation Inspections are used by Manufacturers, Consultants and End Users to determine the quality of workmanship and functionality of an installation.
VTI Services Health Check is a field inspection of existing Telecommunications cabling systems that gives an overview of the performance level, operational status, mandatory compliance, design, OH&S and documentation of an installation.
The VTI Services Health Check is used to:
- Identify a Communication Cabling System’s suitability to introduce new technologies
- Independently access the quality of the workmanship of installers
- Identify issue with System Design
Custom Inspection is a field inspection of cabling system against customer requirements
A Custom Inspection may include
- Conformance to Mandatory Standards
- Conformance to Performance Standard
- Conformance to standard rack layout
- Field Testing
- Quality of installation
- Quality of testing
- OH&S Issues
- Licensed or register installer used
- Bill of material
- Customer Satisfaction
- Documentation Review
Custom Inspections are used
- for indicative sampling of installation associated with branch rollouts
- as a method or part of a project or completes work acceptance
- for contractor review
- To obtain the status of a cabling installations before new technologies are rolled out